Thursday, October 19, 2006

Indefinite Server outage

Last last night rez went down, probably due to overheating, and I haven't been able to get it up. It was running on some pretty dated hardware and it was probably only a matter of time. For the time being the server has been moved to my desktop and may not have persistent uptime. I am looking for some cheap hardware to utilize for a rez such as a used board, minimal ram and a decent CPU. This is where your donations can really come in. It will really speed up GTADS development if I can test items on a separate server and keep the rez server running for most people just wanting to hit the default server. Also a lot of web based features cannot be realized without having a second physical machine. Every dollar can help to make this next release happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I never knew about this project - this is great news, I presume you have made it known to the good people over at azz.gouranga.com? I can offer you a dedicated Linux Server in the UK if you'd like another permanent host?

Regards
Valdez (aka John Reeves)
my.firstname@mailc.net

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home