Friday, September 30, 2005

GTADS Proxy Update

Its been a little while since I last posted and update on the state of things with GTADS. Its been such a busy month that i've only had time for minor bug fixes on the chat server and client but no major development has really occurred on each. As you have seen from my previous post i have allowed open BETA testing of the chat client onto the beta server. So far I haven't heard much in terms of bugs on the client side.
I know though that those of you who have been reading and watching my blog for updates want to your hands on the actual proxy. There is work actually being done on the proxy and as soon as all the functionality is pushed in users will at least be able to play with GTA1 against each other. I am not going to bundle the proxy with the chat client just yet, there are some technical aspects in the server code that I will need to hammer out such as having a gameroom where users would host and join a game via the chatserver as well as bringing in states by decoding end of game data. It will be a long job involving hours of packet sniffing and decoding. Testing the chatserver will be an important part of GTADS and if any are interested the links are on the side for creating an account and directions for connecting.
The list of games i'll plan on making proxy compatible are:
- GTA1
- GTA2
- Twisted Metal 2
- Need for Speed (haven't checked its multiplayer support)
- C&C (Tiberium Sun)
- C&C (Generals)
- Starcraft


Side-note request: If anyone has any GTA1 packetdata playing on win98 machines please drop me an ethereal log on the game play. From what I know win98 machines become out of sync with win2000/XP players and perhaps i can create a compatability mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home