Friday, January 27, 2006

Connection coming back, slowly but surely

After about 2 1/2 days of down time on my connection the ISP situation seems to be coming to an end. There will probably still be areas of downtime until Saturday. I want to thank Matt Salacain, fellow GTADS project group member with hosting the server for the time being.

For the time being, it's been pretty difficult to make updates and do any sort of meaningful development while my access to the CVS server's been down as well but i'd say that many of the main features I wanted into both the client and server are pretty much what you are going to see in the official release. Tailoring the proxy to we I want has been a more difficult and slow task, but expect to see something functional within the next week. There is a lot of steps in just creating one virtual player and virtual client on each respective player's side and GTA's handshake mechanism really doesn't help the process. I honestly hope that other games out there do not use their cumbersome and overly complicated method of communication for multiplayer gaming but then again how many of us really look under the hood when firing up a game.

On another note, it has been about 8 months since GTADS was first initiated as a project on sourceforge and the real development started. I have to say that GTADS has come a long way since then and I have gone from having relatively no traffic on this site to having visitors from all over the world take a gander at where this project is at. I only hope that those same people will be able to enjoy playing their favorite multiplayer game when GTADS takes off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home